
Saturday we began the process of transitioning Kellen into a shared room with Aidan. Task one was excitedly promoting an opportunity to take over the lower portion of the big boy beds.
Kellen excitedly climbed into the bottom bunk and talked to himself for a half hour. He then exited the room with a giant "hey did you guys know I can get out of this thing whenever I want?" smile on his face. Nap time was over...until he fell asleep shopping about an hour later.
That evening he escaped a half dozen times before joining us on the couch to watch football until he crashed two and a half hours past his bedtime. The late nap may have contributed to the issue but the wry escaped convict smile remained. Why sleep when you can just pop out and watch TV with your parents? Sunday night worked better and he drifted into sleep after I laid on the floor next to him for awhile.
Yesterday I suggested to him that it would be really great if he would close his eyes at nap time and just take a quick snooze. My sales job worked well and he acted like he was winning some contest in doing so. Mission accomplished. Last night...same thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment