In honor of our recently passed 10th anniversary, here are...
10 Things about Travis and Rachel
1. The Set Up: Is there a more romantic place than Hardee's? During our sophomore year of high school my cousin invited me to meet her for dinner there before a high school basketball game. It was not typical of her to do so and the dinner party included her, my ex-girlfriend who was dating my best friend (sounds intense but this was early high school which means that doesn't mean a whole lot), Rachel and an empty seat.
2. First gift from Rachel to Travis: Rachel was handing out candy canes at school and was down to her last one. She asked who wanted it, a fellow male classmate requested it and she gave it to me instead.
3. First gift from Travis to Rachel: While dining as referenced in #1 Rachel mentioned she wanted a Coke Bear that Hardee's was selling. They were sold out but I had one at home that I intended to give to my sister for Christmas. That bear never made it to Allison as I slipped it into Rachel's locker at school.
4. First "date": Shortly after the preceding three occurrences, a large group of classmates went to the local Pizza Hut. My friend and I were the last to arrive and there were two empty seats remaining. One next to his girlfriend, one next to...Rachel.
5. First time a large group of people booed our relationship: At the high school prom after party I was asked to draw a name from a box to see who would win the grand prize (a TV). I drew Rachel's name and was booed heartily. I knew when I saw her name no one was going to believe she had overcome the odds of having her boyfriend draw her name from the 200 in the box.
6. Engagement trip: She knew the ring was ordered but not that I had it. It was given to her in Texas while we were on Spring Break. Technically given in Austin before going down to San Antonio.
7. Wedding weekend: Our large extended families had converged on Iowa for the Thanksgiving holiday and we were married that Saturday...two days later we were back in class. I had the most exciting "what did you do this weekend?" story.
8. Honeymoon week: During our Christmas break we headed to the Caribbean islands for island hopping in tropical temperatures...one day later we were walking to class after coming home to freezing rain. I had the most exciting "what did you do over break?" story.
9. Times I missed PE Volleyball because "the Mrs. was feeling frisky": Once. I lost a contact one morning and knew I could not play volleyball with one eye. I arrived back in class two days later to a rousing ovation. My buddy told the class I was recently married and I was absent for reasons other than impaired vision using the "frisky" line.
10. Number of collective graduate level classes taken in 18 months with a second child as a diversion from our studies: Thirty-two. A good example of our busy post-marriage, introducing children to the family life. We both completed our MBAs in the span of a year and a half...and had Kellen in the middle of it all. Things have slowed down a bit since that crazy work, study, kids and everything else year and a half.
Aidan came up with a the following questionnaire. Twenty questions for the four of us providing numbers 11-90 of our 100 Things. The responses for all of us are listed after each question.
20 Questions
1. What is your favorite color?
T: Blue, R: Green, A: Orange, K: Blue
2. What is your favorite food?
T: Pizza, R: Pizza, A: Ice Cream, K: Fruit
3. What is your favorite animal?
T: Penguins, R: Horse, A: Cheetah, K: Horse
4. What is your favorite drink?
T: Pepsi, R: Mountain Dew, A: Juice, K: Milk
5. What is your favorite instrument?
T: Drums, R: Piano, A: Guitar, K: Tambourine
6. What is your favorite TV show?
T: Wheel of Fortune, R: Top Chef, A: Wonder Pets, K: Cartoons
7. What is your favorite game?
T: Madden football (PS3), R: Cranium, A: LEGO Rock Band (PS3), K: Mario/Sonic Olympics (Wii)
8. What is your favorite team?
T: Bears, R: Cyclones, A: Cyclones, K: Zebras (he likes the referees)
9. What is your favorite restaurant?
T: Culver's, R: Olive Garden, A: Burger King, K: McDonald's
10: What is your favorite movie?
T: Tommy Boy, R: Dirty Dancing, A: Alvin and the Chipmunks, K: Blues Clues
11. What is your favorite season?
T: Spring, R: Fall, A: Winter, K: Fall
12. What is your favorite thing about winter?
T: Sledding, R: Hot chocolate, A: Playing in the snow, K: Snow
13. What is your favorite thing about summer?
T: Swimming, R: Going to the beach, A: Going to the beach, K: Swimming
14. Do you like being hot or cold?
T: Hot, R: Cold, A: Cold, K: Cold
15. Do you like cats or dogs?
T: Big cats (Tigers, lions, etc.), R: Dogs, A: Dogs, K: Cats
16. Do you like taking pictures?
T: Yes, R: Sure...only when Aidan and Kellen are in them too, A: Yes, K: Yes
17. Do you like white milk or chocolate?
T: Chocolate, R: White, A: White, K: Chocolate
18. Do you like drinking hot chocolate?
T: Yes, R: Yes, A: Yes, K: Yes
19. Do you like snowflakes?
T: Yes, unless they're on the roads, R: As long as they're not on the road, A: Yes, K: Yes
20. What is your favorite part about Christmas?
T: Hanging out with family, R: Christmas lights, A: Getting presents, K: The Christmas tree
Five fun things about 2009:
1. The boys' dual birthday bash day
2. Celebrating our 10th anniversary in Hawaii
3. Travelling East to be in Allison's wedding
4. Aidan starts school
5. U2 concert in Chicago
And of course the most exciting thing was finding out that Baby#3 was on his way.
Five things about Baby 3.0.
1. He is due to arrive on February 5
2. We're hoping he is a week early so we've got kid's birthdays in three different months
3. He does not yet have a first name
4. He does not yet have a middle name
5. The boys want to name him Mario
No comments:
Post a Comment