Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer Schedule

Today is Aidan's first would-have-been-a-school-day at home and I encouraged him to put a list together of things he'd like to do this summer.


Included on the list (there's a page two):
  • Get a lock--he gets a locker at school next year and wants a Wordlock...I told him about the locks, but not the particular password they chose on the linked commercial.
  • Learn to tie his shoes--we got him Velcro at the beginning of the school year and should have been working on this much sooner.
  • Swimming lessons--he can't wait to start the next level!
  • Go fishing--I believe Papa D and Grammie have this on the itinerary for their July visit.
  • Go to Como Town--maybe Kellen can ride the Dragon Coaster with us this year!
  • Ride a bike without training wheels--he's got a new bike that fits him better and we're ready to tackle life on just two wheels.
  • Make another super hero video--maybe we can expand the actor count in this one to three!
  • Mini golf--good thing we found a new place to putt last weekend.
  • Go to grandmas and grandpa's houses--perhaps the grandparents can take all three and Rachel and I can do something extravagant like go to dinner by ourselves.
  • Play dates with school friends--one mom approached me on the last day of school about getting a few of the boys together...sounds like a good way to stay connected to the boys who are not on the soccer team.
Of course we've still got three solid months of soccer, a backyard pool, playtime with brothers and the park to entertain us. I'm sure other things will find their way onto the list as well.

1 comment:

Randy said...

Put mini-golfing and Como town on Papa D and Gramie's list! Sound like fun! I think all the rest of us need to make our my summer wish lists now!

Grammie