Sunday, May 25, 2008

VIDEO: Oh the Weather Outside is...

Sequence of events:

1. Call from Dad (in Iowa)...reports of a tornado in Buffalo, MN (just NW of us).

2. Thoughts that we should really track the weather in our own neighborhood rather than relying on someone four hours away to warn us.

3. Quickly get the vehicles in the garage.

4. Tornado sirens, thick rain, tiny bits of hail.

5. Hang out in the basement for a while. Skies clear.

6. (see below)

5 comments:

James and Channy said...

WOW you guys had some hail!
Luckily, we haven't had any of that just severe thunderstorms, a lot of wind - and constantly viewing EVERY weather channel possible! :) I think we are in the clear for now...did you guys get hit again later tonight?

Travis said...

The worst was 45 miles away from us but our friend 10-15 minutes away had some significant damage to his car and siding.

The hail came through and was over in one shot. Just one big cell and no repeat visits later in the evening.

James and Channy said...

that's good!
We luckily had no damage...just a lot of lightning...Mom said there was some damage back home - a tree was even uprooted down there! But family wise from what I hear are all ok.

Kris said...

Whoa! That is some golf ball sized hail~ Glad to hear you are all ok!
K

Anonymous said...

Fore!!! Anyone for a round of golf? I have not seen hail that large for awhile. I am glad to hear everything is ok. I hope to never see any of that kind of weather here in the Chicago area.