Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Technology Children

I find it funny that Aidan started playing on the Internet a good 16 years earlier than I did. My first day of emailing and web surfing (with much difficulty) came during my first week of college. Aidan's now been bookmarking pages and playing games online for half of his four year old life. Kellen's a technology savvy kid as well demanding to see his videos anytime he spots us on our laptops.

My first phone memories involved the clicking of a rotary dial and a lengthy (usually tangled) cord connecting the receiver to the base. What are Kellen's thoughts on these communication devices? He got a toy cell phone in his stocking and immediately began "taking pictures" with it pointing it at everyone and saying "Cheese-a-burgers!". My first camera had flash cubes and my first cell phone had no frills and came when I was in my mid-20's. Hopefully Kellen won't be demanding a real cell phone for his upcoming two year birthday party.

UPDATE: When asked what he was doing while playing with Kellen's toy phone Aidan quickly responded, "I'm sending an email."

1 comment:

Jana said...

Charlotte always wants to "make a document" when she sees Jeff or I on our laptops. And the other day I heard her say "I need to update my blog."

My internet experience is much the same as yours...first week of college. I still remember asking a librarian if they had a directory of website. This must have been pre-Google.