Then I found out a national clothing chain was handing out free copies of a new edition of Rock Band...a game the boys and I like to play just a little bit. I decided I needed to conquer this Black Friday door buster deal.
Tonight at 7:30 I arrived at the front door of this establishment and was first in line. Thankful for balmy temperatures in the high twenties I sat on my blanket bundled for the adventure. Shortly after, a crowd had descended on the outlet mall. Two and a half hours later I was the first one in the store, out in eight minutes (remember I need efficiency) and home on the couch by 10:30. Mission accomplished...take that Black (Almost) Friday!
Here are a few photos of the winding line of several hundred people behind me.
The outlet mall by our place is very popular on the weekend after Thanksgiving. So popular they have shuttles from a nearby middle school and a full force of patrol men trying to guide the chaos. I was told the interstate that runs by is backed up for miles as everyone fights to get to this shopping mecca. I was very glad to to be away from the shopping craze so soon after the madness began.
No comments:
Post a Comment