Yesterday I had the opportunity to tag along with brother Ryan at the Ed Thomas memorial golf outing in Waverly, Iowa. I offered a little bit of physical assistance and enjoyed the day with Ryan, dad and mom bouncing around the course with the athletes and coaching celebrities in attendance.
Recent Super Bowl champion and Pro Bowl tight end Dallas Clark of the Indianapolis Colts participated in the event along with Pro Bowl defensive end Aaron Kampman, retired Pro Bowl linebacker Bryce Paup and several other notable NFLers with Iowa ties. Former Hawkeye basketball coach Tom Davis and legendary Cyclone hoops coach Johnny Orr (below) were also part of the event.

Ryan is the superintendent at Centennial Oaks Golf Club. After the festivities were over he and I headed back out to the course to play nine holes. Here are a few pictures of the king of grounds playing on his beautifully manicured 180 acres.
No comments:
Post a Comment