ME: “Excuse me?”
AIDAN: “Bunk beds! When am I going to get bunk beds?”
Aidan asked me this question about the time I turned to find Kellen in his high chair…and I hadn’t put him there (I later witnessed him (within arms reach so I could catch him (can I put parentheses inside of parentheses?) ) move a folding chair, climb up on the high chair tray and into the seat (sorry if the parentheses made that confusing) ).
Bunk beds with Kellen in his current climb-happy state? Not a good idea. I can imagine Kellen taking all of the couch pillows off the couch (as he already does), moving them into the bedroom and Olympic platform diving from the top bunk into a pile of pillows.
Aidan asked me two more times within a five minute span so I did what any good parent would do after finding that ignoring the initial question doesn’t make it go away…I told him to ask his mother. So we immediately called her at work.
Later in the morning we Googled bunk beds just to look for future reference.
I have some thoughts…

How could I ever send them to their room as a punishment if they had a slide and tent as part of their bed?

Same thought...this time it's an indoor tree house.
Do these people make their kids sleep outside..that is some pretty noticeable foliage and a street in the background, right?
Obviously not a boy friendly place to sleep but impressive it its elaborateness nonetheless (there's a bunk on top of the archway too).
Again, not so boyish, but impressive.

2 comments:
Josh has always wanted bunk beds, too. Someday he might get them. If we move (big possibility) we might only be able to find/afford 3 bedrooms. Wish granted!
Ps. My vote is for the space bunks.
Post a Comment