Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Profile: Interests

The list goes on…

Outside of the previously mentioned music, movies and readings there are a few other key things that occupy my time.

I am of course interested in my kids. That shouldn’t need to be mentioned but the current situation that has us together from six or seven in the morning to eight or nine at night means they are in and around everything else (I guess we do sleep in the same house too, but you knew that). Hanging out together makes for good blogging material and has hopefully aided in their transition to a new state. I do wish to move myself into the appropriate career turn soon and it will be good to get them interacting with other kids before my creativity runs out. Until then we are here for your entertainment.

Aidan has become a little video game wizard which makes for a legitimate new playing partner in my continuing appreciation for gaming. The Wii is our outlet for father/son games and the PS3 is my wind down activity before bed. Having my #1 college gaming buddy back in the vicinity means I can keep up my skills against a more seasoned player and spend a night here and there playing way too late into the night.

My seasonal obsession is fantasy football. I’m working on three straight fantasy baseball championships at the moment but the world stops for three hours the week before Labor Day so I can hop online with my league mates and draft my football team for the year. This year will mark the ninth year of fantasy football for me allowing me to obsess about trying to win my fifth title staring now (yes, I’m strategizing two months in advance) until the end of the NFL season. Perhaps the fact that I’ve been thinking about this year since the end of last year means I should retract that “seasonal” suggestion and admit that I am ready to play now…whenever now may be.

Sticking with sports…Go Cubs! Go Bears! Go Cyclones! I’m very much enjoying the Cubs current success hoping that “Wait ‘til next year” is finally “Wait ‘til this year.” There are many Cubbie fans that have suffered much longer than I, but I feel we all deserve at least one title to celebrate each century and we’re running out of century. The previously mentioned obsession with fantasy football stems from the fact that Chicagoans are football crazy and having been a Chicagoan for eight years so too am I now crazy about that oblong pigskin. The Cyclones are the Cyclones good, bad or otherwise. You don’t change your colors after spending four years on campus so Cy is forever my guy.

Oh, and I like to laugh. I love a good comedian. Granted they are better in some forums than others as is evident by my guy Frank Caliendo who is hilarious on the radio in spontaneous situations and not as much on his cable TV show (hopefully it comes back next season tweaked for the better). Unfortunately when you start following a comedian and have heard all their material it can get repetitious. All the more reason to uncover additional favorites.

No comments: