Sunday, June 29, 2008

Who Wants Applesauce? Me!

Kellen continues to add more words and almost words to his verbal repertoire. He enthusiastically says “applesauce” and is always begging for “more Cheerios”. I remember when Aidan reached this stage and sometimes the parents know exactly what their kids are saying while others know they’re saying something but are not sure exactly what. Kellen likes to mimic what he hears and is doing a great job of using those same words later. He’s also copying his big brother raising his hand and shouting “me!” when I ask “who wants (fill in anything they love)?” Additionally he’s adding (can I use two “add” words that close together?) more and more animal sounds to his list. Sheep, rooster, pig, horse…the list is growing. Now if we can just ensure he doesn’t knock any of this newly expanded verbosity out of his head while diving off the furniture. A few bumps and scratches on his head has become quite normal.

No comments: