“I’m o.k.!”
This one can be heard whenever a bump comes from any place in the house where Kellen coincidentally is recreating. Toys falling. Two year-old bodies bumping off of walls. You get the picture. Yesterday at the library he was sprinting for the checkout counter, tripped on his own excitement and managed to squeeze out an “I’m o.k.!” before his chest even skidded across the carpet. I am thankful that he’s able to dust himself off and bounce right back to whatever he was doing but he has been a little wrecking ball lately.
He had a span of a few days not long ago where he put two good knots on his head (one on the forehead, one hidden under his hair). He’ll tell you he bumped the stairs when he fell down several of them. That wasn’t even one of the big bumps. The two that tattooed him were running smack into the sliding glass door and cutting the corner too quickly when running around the house.
“Look at me…look at me!”
Perhaps this one should be first. It just may be the root cause for the “I’m o.k.!”
“I win!”
This likely started at bed time. To get Aidan to take a better than lackadaisical pace when putting his pajamas on we would race to see if he could get them on before Kellen was done. Rachel and I both got into the competitive action but primarily it was to get things moving along with the boys. Aidan would then run to Kellen’s room fully PJ’d and proclaim victory. Kellen now wants to win everything even when no one else is playing. Now every time he gets his diaper changed he runs in to see his brother (or whomever is present), raises both arms in victory and yells, “I win!”
“He shoots…he scores.”
I must be guilty of starting this one…maybe Aidan. It likely came up while watching sports or playing in the basement. Now Kellen uses it while cleaning up his toys. He’s a very good helper come clean up time and eager to please as he scrambles to find things to put away. When he gets to the toy box he drops in the item in his hands and enthusiastically shouts, “He shoots…he scores.” Last night while returning dropped noodles to his bowl he was saying the same thing. One at a time…”shoots…scores”, “shoots…scores” until he had a few, “he shoots…he missed.”
Family Inventory
At random points during any waking hour Kellen will pause and give a verbal human inventory of everyone in the room. This was even more fun for him this past weekend when we were among larger groups of family members.
“Yeah-ge-bugs”
Red with black spots. See below. Whether they are on the window or in a book, he loves the yeah-ge-bugs (rhymes with "hay-knee-bugs").
No comments:
Post a Comment