
A few months ago we decided to look at moving closer to Aidan's school and toward the hub of most of our activities. Today we find ourselves in between permanent addresses managing life with three energetic boys (energetic = occasionally loud) in much closer quarters. Our temporary home has a pool, fully stocked gym, huge garage and an elevator. Of course we share that home with a couple hundred other people. We are anxious to spread out in the new home that awaits us and will begin shuffling our belongings again in mid-April.
Here are some status updates that detailed the frustrations of selling our home of three years...
January 12: Travis loves it when agents and buyers comment about how clean our house is. Come watch us the night before a showing and in the hours before you arrive at the door. Even Kellen knows the checklist and reminds me of things not to forget. I can't wait for a time when we can live in filth for a week with nothing prompting us to make it all sparkle.
January 18: Travis loves dragging the kids out of the house for hours when other people can't keep to their schedules. Yesterday the inspector stayed until 4:30 after blocking an 11:30 to 2:30 window. Today the appraiser shows up at 1:30 smiling and saying, "I set an appointment time." That time was 11:00 to 1:00 and we had just returned from 2 1/2 hours away from home. Buy a watch people.
Here are a few moments with those that now share walls with us at the apartment...
March 18: Travis wishes the man with the tiny pup would not get so aggravated every time someone refers to his dog as "he". Put some bows and pick frilly dresses on it or smile and move on with your life. I also wish I did not now feel like calling it a he just to see him get all flustered but I do.
One member of our moving party suggested that he should have lifted the dog's tail to check the canine's gender. Another suggested someone's wife might be a fire hazard but that story tells itself better verbally than in text.
March 21: Travis thinks the young man who was monopolizing the weights could have finished his workout much sooner if he didn't feel the need to gaze at his reflection after every set of reps. Thankfully the Lord has blessed me with a physique that does not require constant admiration so I am much more efficient in my routine.
We are very thankful to have sold our home and found a new place to land (and a spot for in between). I did need to vent a few times but think I will survive without any visible scarring.
No comments:
Post a Comment