Friday, April 4, 2008

Kellenisms (Part Deux)

Now that I’m listening for them I’m catching more and more Kellen speak. What used to sound like random chattering has some occasional clarity to it. I mentioned previously that he would walk to his room for a diaper change on request. Now I’m noticing that if his diaper needs exchanging and you ask “do you stink?” he’ll waddle to his room saying “stinky, stinky”.

We made another trip to the park yesterday and he’s loving the swing, the slides (with assistance of course) and all the action going on around him. Time to dig out some shoes for this boy so he can explore the great outdoors!

Kellen gets excited about a lot of things including bath time and trips outside but the list is still topped by eating. He’s getting more discriminatory in where he goes for food. “Kellen, are you hungry?” is met with a trip to the fridge (the trick it opening the door without him lunging in) while “Kellen, do you want a snack?” is followed by a sauntering walk to the snack cupboard (followed by grabbing something and letting out a victory yell).

He’s becoming a better climber mounting the kid’s picnic table in no time when you turn your head for the shortest moment. I also caught him using my random-things-I-take-with-me-when-I-travel bag (magazines, books, etc) to climb on top of the end table in the living room. The end table that’s missing it’s glass top (yes, we’re still unpacking) currently serves as his own personal club house.



No comments: