I used to be in the habit of reading two books at a time…one for faith and one for fun. Then in March of 2006 the beginning of my MBA program knocked most of my leisure reading right out the window. With a growing stack of unread books on my shelves I promised myself that I’d start reading material of my own choosing regularly when the degree concluded. I also threatened to start running to ensure that my body would not go into lockdown at age 30.
The end of the MBA studies came in October of last year and then I found my way right into a second degree. I’m certain it was not to avoid the running or the reading but nonetheless the extra time still was not there.
I’ve got two classes to go in my Master’s of Human Resources but am on sabbatical from tests and textbooks until things are settled here in Minneapolis. I’m happy to say that I’m on track again with the reading and actually left the house for a run this evening (for the sake of fair reporting I should call it a half-and-half run/walk…you’ve got to work into these things!).
I’ll post the books I’m reading to the right as I’ve seen on some other’s blogs. I’ll post nothing on the running regimen unless noteworthy events provide appropriate humor for sharing. That barking dog tonight might have been something of note had my high energy tunes not been blasting into my ears from the iPod.
No comments:
Post a Comment