Sunday, January 25, 2009

Perdóneme?

Kellen was not keeping quiet in church this morning so I ducked out with him. I decided we’d head to the church reading room to page through some books. There’s a speaker in there so I can listen to the goings on while keeping his chatter away from the sanctuary.

He loves reading books so I did consider that my trip to a room full of reading material would cause problems on future Sundays. Let’s hope our weekly Friday trip to the town library is enough to satisfy his appetite for new stories. He loves going over there so much that every time I tell him to put on his shoes he asks if we're going to the library.

The best moment of our short visit to the church library today came when a mother and her infant child came in and sat on the opposite side of the room. Shortly after their arrival Kellen grabbed a book, looked at it, clearly said “it’s in Spanish” and put it back.

Did he just say? Yes, he did.

There’s a DVD at the public library that teaches kids Spanish and we happened across it again on Friday. Perhaps the cover on the church book looked similar to the pictures on the DVD.

Muy gracioso…very funny!

No comments: