Saturday, January 17, 2009

Time to Potty Train?

I ran into the store to pick up two boxes of diapers for Kellen and the friendly cashier man told me my bill was $84. “For two boxes of diapers?!?!” I exclaimed in my two question mark-double exclamation point voice. He calmly told me they were about $40 a box and I handed him cash for the bill. I walked out to the truck and verified with Rachel that the man had not just pulled a fast one on me. Turns out diapers are just that expensive these days.

At our next stop as we walked through the aisle of cleaners I asked Rachel if it would be less expensive just to buy a bunch of Spot Shot and Stain Stick and let Kellen go commando. Not sure we’re ready to go Big Boy with Kellen just yet but the cost of diapering him may be motivation to start early.

On a side note…after sub-Arctic temperatures had kept people indoors for days the shopping aisles were jam packed with people whose bodies and brains were apparently still frozen. We have never had to navigate through so many dazed bodies attached to shopping carts. Grid lock…aisle 9!

No comments: