Sunday, November 30, 2008

Metro-d'oh-me

My long awaited Bears trip to the Metrodome didn't end the way I hoped it would. The Bears dropped the game and their shot at the division lead making for a disappointing outing. That's not to say the trip didn't have any interesting moments.


For starters my buddy Scott and I located the concession stand that sells what amounts to an enormous hot dog on a loaf of bread. I must admit I had a hard time downing the last three bites but perhaps eating a sandwich before I left for the game (in an effort to avoid buying any food) had me struggling. But how could I resist the opportunity to conquer a hot dog that nearly requires a third hand to eat?

Heartburn...here I come.


So with my checks puffed with the final bites of my hot dog the time came for the National Anthem. I stared at the big screen thinking the guy looked very familiar. Is that the guy from the Miller High Life beer commercials? Looks just like him. I found the resemblance to be quite ironic and then noticed the High Life patch on his shirt. It was indeed him...and he's a great singer. He led a keg rolling contest later in the game. Interesting double duty.


The game started well for the Bears after a 65 yard Devin Hester touchdown reception. It looked like the Bears were going to go up 14-3 when they were stopped at the goal line and the Vikings immediately tossed a 99 yard TD to swing the momentum. It was a frustrating game to watch from there as the Bears lost by 20.

No comments: