I wanted to have a guys outing with Aidan and considered the new Madagascar cinematic cartoon offering until I found out we could see Bolt in 3D. I'm a sucker for sitting through a movie with things popping out at me and thought it would be cool to expose Aidan to this for the first time.
We donned our cyber shades, kicked back and took it all in. Aidan asked me once if I thought I was going to get hit by something flying from the screen, but for the most part he sat still and transfixed causing me to wonder if he had fallen asleep at one point. He did move when I offered him some fruit snacks at the halfway point and would later go into great detail explaining how he knew they were Batman fruit snacks and not Spider-Man because he could feel the wheels on the Batmobile fruit snack. Not even the darkness of the theater could impede his fruit snack expertise.
I give the movie a big toe up (thumbs are trademarked, right?). The opening sequence was phenomenal, the 3D was fun and the little hamster stole the show. Fun for the kids and I thought it was good stuff too. I even laughed out loud several times...mostly at Rhino the hilarious hamster.
No comments:
Post a Comment