I had threatened to purchase a treadmill or some form of indoor exercise equipment with winter approaching and Rachel decided the Wii Fit would be more fun (and usable) for the family as a whole. Aidan and I have been working out every morning and I must say jogging through a tropical island setting (animated or otherwise) is more enjoyable than trying to jog in the brisk Minnesota air. Just put the controller in your pocket, run in place and away you go!
Kellen has proven to be quite an effective trainer dictating to me which exercise I should do next. He also likes to take his turn on the balance board when we're finished. We help him through some "up...down" stretching as shown in the video.
Also shown on the video are a few of the balance games which utilize your weight distribution on the board. Everything from skiing to your character dressed as a penguin balancing on a slippery iceberg. Aidan enjoys those games and loves the running. He's all hips and pumping arms as he jogs along. Looks kind of like an Olympic speed walker and his feet leave the ground just as much.
In the aerobic section you can also use the board for step aerobics, add the controllers for a boxing workout or hula hoop your midsection into shape. I've tried a bit of the yoga (more of a workout than I thought it would be) and will dive into the strength focused units when I'm feeling manly.
No comments:
Post a Comment