Yesterday was the longest day of my life...literally. With the time zone changes midnight to midnight was 30 hours...I think. It's 4:30 am local time and I feel fantastic but I also feel very awake. Even after a massive travel day seven hours of sleep has healed my travel weary bottom and I am ready to experience Maui as soon as the sun (and my wife) rise to meet the day.
Thoughts from yesterday's travel day...
- When did airport security grow a sense of humor? The guard saw my box of crackers and told me Triscuits were on the restricted list. You should have seen Rachel's face when he asked, "What's so funny ma'am?"
- Why didn't Obama just Photoshop some new pictures of Air Force One? Could have used any backdrop he wanted to. Would have saved him a lot of trouble and saved the taxpayers a lot of money.
- I was told to put my "roller bag" into the overhead compartment wheels first but the illustration on the sign shows otherwise (handle first). The Northwest/Delta merger has revealed it's first major issue.
- Rachel thinks the guy next to her on the Seattle flight smells. I have identified the scent as "country".
- Three dollars for a quarter can of Pringles! Rachel bought two full cans at Wal Mart for a dollar a piece. She's a smart traveller and just saved us $22.
- Two guys wore their sunglasses the entire flight to Maui. I guess we are closer to the sun up here.
- The resort looks amazing! The burning torches everywhere are a nice touch. Very tropical. Very Survivor.
- The room is even better. I can watch TV from the giant tub with all these movable frosted window-like doors. Flat screen TV, all the kitchen and laundry items you need. First class! It's so nice but I hope we spend very little time here.
No comments:
Post a Comment