Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dolphins Report: Part Two

Tonight was the finale! Aidan was much more comfortable in and around the water this week. I even saw him smiling a time or two when the other boys were getting a bit splashy rather than clutching the side of the pool in fear of a wet face.

The water was still chilly so he chose to wear his t-shirt during his lessons. I'm not sure how much it helped but he seemed comfortable with the idea and went four days in a row with no bathroom breaks.

This Monday Aidan and the kids were told that the floaties had disappeared (a mystery to me as I saw them all in a giant rolling trash can next to the pool). I guess that's a nice way to tell the little swimmers they are going without.

Much of Week Two was a repeat of Week One sans the previously mentioned floaties. One new twist was a giant raft that they floated half of the kids around in while the other half were practicing a variety of things. The highlight for me was seeing Aidan go off the diving board tonight. I snuck the video camera into the swimming/Kellen's entertainment bag every day this week so I was prepared all four nights and finally got to document the plunge today.


A confident Week Two Dolphin

A mini-plunge off the side of the pool.

Four boys on a raft.




Taking the plunge (twice)!

After the final lesson we treated Aidan with ice cream to celebrate his accomplishment. Kellen got in on the act spooning for himself for the first time.

Kellen scoops and blesses himself with the ice cream before eating.

3 comments:

Emily Dykstra said...

Hi, Guys!

That's awesome! Look at the little swimmer go! Your swim instructors are really clever, too.

James and Channy said...

Go Lil Dolphin Go!!!
Trav, I'm so glad that you do this website and allowing family/friends to see the boys growing up!

BTW, what happened to that Music Video? Still in production? lol

Kris said...

Congrats to the Dolphin! What an accomplishment! It must be a first born thing to be a bit wary of the water/taking risks. Josh is the same way about all things pool related. Good for you for having fun with this!