Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just So You Know…

…just because it didn’t rain last night doesn’t mean the slides are not wet.

…nothing is more refreshing in the morning than filling your shorts with dew.

…if you don’t mind a wet bottom you really can slide much faster on a wet slide.

I always intend to grab an old towel or a paper towel before heading to the park just in case there’s moisture or gack on the slides. The problem is I tend to remember that I was going to do that after I get there.

We like to hit the park early (7:00/8:00 in the morning) to avoid the heat. It’s also easier for me to identify the location of my children among the slides, swings and woodchips when there aren’t 20 other kids running among the slides, swings and woodchips.

We’re not anti-social, it’s just more manageable that way for the park chaperone when he’s flying solo and out numbered 2:1. Also, when the weather calls for sweaty child warmth, nothing beats spending an hour at the park in a cool morning breeze and having the whole day ahead of you for additional recreation in a more temperature controlled environment.

No comments: