It’s getting easier and easier to communicate with Kellen.
What does he want to do? “Shoes on” or “Out” = play outside. “Book” = reading. “Down” = play downstairs.
What does he want to eat or drink? He says “crackers”, “fruit snacks”, “cheese”, “Kix”, “Cheerios”…and of course “applesauce” (with much enthusiasm). “Milk” = milk. “Wa-wa” or “Juice” (because he hears Aidan ask for juice and he doesn’t know what’s in the cup) = water.
We’re laying the framework for the A-B-C’s. He has the cadence down and hits many of the “E” sounding letters. His L-M-N-O-P is a bit garbled but recognizable. We’re working on that with a singing stuffed puppy and the “Curious George ABCs” book.
He says “book” when he’s not sure what it’s called but specifies “Up Above” (his favorite part of “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”), “I See” which is “Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?” and an almost recognizable, “No more monkeys jumping on the bed!” for “Five Little Monkeys”.
I’m happy to say that the classic parental quick sniff is no longer needed as he will cough if he’s dirtied his diaper when I ask him if he stinks. I think I mentioned previously that has stemmed from Aidan coughing every time I asked him if Kellen smelled.
Kellen likes to dance or spin and chant “Tubby, tubby, tubby!” when I tell him it’s time to wash up for the evening and that has spawned a dad pleasing “Cubbies, cubbies, cubbies!” when Aidan and I prompt him to celebrate our favorite baseball team.
No comments:
Post a Comment