Our main level is up the stairs from our entry way so we’ve been protecting young Kellen from a fall with a gate at the top of the stairs. He’s actually pretty good on the stairs (when he remembers to sit and scooch) but with he and Aidan running around we’re trying to avoid a collision that ends with an uncomfortable bounce and roll.
Yesterday we noticed the gate was messing with the paint on the wall so this morning I decided I’d watch him carefully and leave the gate down.
He immediately spied his opening and turned to me and smiled. He plopped down at the peak of the stairs, looked back at me one more time and uttered, “scooch”. He then navigated the decent with ease pausing to look back occasionally as if to say, “I can’t believe I’m getting away with this!” I gave him a few minutes before following him down to let him enjoy this important milestone toward big boy status.
I’ve now got two kids on two different levels of the house adding a stairmaster workout element to my monitoring responsibilities. Now I just need to convince them that they really do want to play on the same level at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment