We’ve been preparing ourselves all week for the staggered arrival of (Deur) family visitors. That means cleaning and thoughts of menu preparation for the resident adults and Aidan trying to curb his excitement a bit as he anxiously counted down the days. This morning Aidan decided he needed to sneak in some Mario Kart practice so he could adequately embarrass the four adults who are likely not prepared for his impressive Wii wheeling skills. I’m sure we’ll find the time for a little bit of that.
Grammie is now here, sister Allison and her special friend Steve are coming in tomorrow and Papa D rolls in late Friday night. The arrival of additional adult supervision this afternoon allowed Aidan and me to hit the community pool for an hour. He was easily the youngest swimmer and I was a good 15 years older than the general crowd. Thankfully I wore my conservative one-piece bathing suit being out aged only by three moms in the bleachers and the queen of life guards who had me by a few rounds of the calendar. We kept to ourselves in the shallow waters and did some low impact floating, practiced our arm strokes and kicks and jumped off the side a few times.
I was hoping to give Aidan a jump or two off the diving board but the older kids were swarming the area. It would have been fun to show Aidan his dad still has some bounce in his boarding skills but I felt it best to leave that for another day (though I could have easily out maneuvered the young poolers…not that I’m was feeling the need to compensate for my age…though it would have been cool to one-up a 12 year old’s cannonball with a back flip…but again, I wasn’t feeling that old).
We’re back home hanging out and playing games. There should be plenty of fun to report over the weekend…stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment