It was hyped by many locals to be the best fair in the land but I had my doubts. I tried not to go in thinking it would be the petting zoo of state fairs but c’mon people, this guy grow up in Iowa! I’m still not sure what that means…I’m not claiming that we’re more “farm” back home and therefore more qualified to put on a summer spectacle. It's been a while since I've attended the Iowa State Fair but being as unbiased as possible the home state still takes the cake (one of very few things not available on a stick).
Minnesota’s event is certainly not lacking in eatables. I avoided the pickle-sicle (um…no thanks) and the chocolate covered bacon on a stick (yeah…no). I did successfully feed myself and two young boys with one foot long hotdog, partook in some delicious roasted corn and shared deep fried Oreos with Aidan (a certified Oreo aficionado).
I will leave it at that lest I get into too many details about animal anatomical images that are still haunting two 30-ish year old men and fair goers that would make Jeff Foxworthy giggle (that XL t-shirt becoming a midriff was truly magical).

I felt like this after the Oreos...the biggest pig at the fair
Kellen loved the animals, pointing at them in wide-eyed wonder and calling out to them all in their native tongues.
Somehow while feeding Aidan a deep fried Oreo with one hand while taking a picture with the other I managed to focus on the strangers over his right shoulder. Aidan gave these treats a big thumbs up.
No comments:
Post a Comment