Monday, March 2, 2009

Balloons and Pillows

What does it take to keep the Deur boys entertained? Tonight it was five balloons and a couple throw pillows from the couch.

First I exacted some revenge for the bean bag incident that occurred a few months ago. We “fought” with balloons and Aidan quickly found my double balloon whirly bird action was just too much to take. I also may have had a slight reach advantage. After working up a good sweat I backed them both into a creative corner rubbing the balloons on my frazzled hair and sticking them to the ceiling. Aidan had some good ideas for getting them down but again his reach was just not long enough. I assisted them in knocking the balloons from their static charged grip overhead.

Next we stuffed pillows in our shirts and sumo wrestled. Does everyone do that or is it just us? The added cushion had Aidan bumping with me and diving around much more aggressively than is typical for him. Kellen needs no such added invitation. He likes to run the length of the hallway and catapult himself recklessly at me with or without the aid of extra cushioning.

At several points during the evening festivities I considered setting the video camera out to capture the moment but didn’t want the energy to break and pass. You’ll just have to visualize balloons bouncing around the basement or stuck to the ceiling and a puffy chested trio of goofy males chasing each other around the furniture.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hysterical! We don't necessarily do those exact things, but it can get pretty crazy at our house too. At least you have lots of room for it!
Beth