Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Getting a Work Out

I’m a little sore today. My personal trainer is relentless and is not letting me rest.

After dropping some poundage by watching the caloric content of my food choices and running with the Wii Fit I leveled off at a comfy new weight. I’m still watching the intake but my physical exertion level has significantly waned. I promise I’ll get back to that.

I do however get one quality workout a week. My trainer (a.k.a. Aidan) has taken a liking to “The Workout Show” known by NBC viewers as “The Biggest Loser”. Thankfully he's interested in the excercizing and ignores the stress and yelling these people throw at each other. During the commercials he makes me workout with his assistance. Push ups and squats with him on my back, sit-ups with him on my feet or chest, Aidan as a human bench press bar…you know all the normal things a five-year old can impersonate. There’s an added dimension of difficulty with his brother doing his best to jump in on the action.

The show is way longer than it needs to be with all the manufactured drama which makes for many commercial breaks (always right when something epic is about to be revealed for the fifth time in the episode). That means there are quite a few high energy mini workouts every Tuesday night and thus me feeling the burn today.

No comments: