We made a last minute decision today to take the boys out to the "Largest Underground Aquarium in the Known Universe" (or something like that). The aquarium is housed below the Mall of America.
We were told when we moved here that the locals don't shop at the MOA, it's for the tourists. I'm generally not a big fan of the mall environment but was happy to trek out for the sake of entertaining the boys. When we arrived we discovered that the powers that be had decided to block off every possible entrance into the mall parking facilities. It was that or massive amounts of construction. Either way the ride into the east parking garage was not exactly direct.
Upon arriving I was greeted with a visual of four floors of shoulder to shoulder patrons. It was an interesting dissection of the American population to say the least. On this trip I was happy to have a one route mission to one spot within the 48 billion square feet of Shoptopia (I'm too lazy to look up the real number).
As we entered the elevator I noticed some shoppers wearing North Dakota State gear. That's when I realized the fans of eight NCAA tournament teams were visiting Minneapolis this weekend with nothing better to do than hit the mall on the day between the first and second round games...gulp!
We made our way to the aquarium, waiting patiently in line and ultimately found that the Underwater Adventure area was not unbearably populated. In the end Aidan said he didn't like it...he loved it. That's why we brave ridiculous crowds to entertain our children.
I said goodbye to the MOA hoping it is a very long time before we meet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment