It's downright tropical in the Twin Cities today. As we travelled back from church the temperature hit 50 degrees and I was anxious to get home. I inherited some nice shelves for the garage yesterday from a company moving some of their old equipment at discount prices (that being free). The fact that my friend works for said company became a very nice perk. His boss told him to get rid of a bunch of shelving units and I agreed to help him make a few disappear after seeing how nicely they worked out in his garage. My garage floor in the third stall may actually be visible by the end of the week!
I could have completed the task today but after seeing the temperature was nearing 60 I decided my time would be better served getting my favorite five year old out on his bicycle. The garage will be there at the end of the week but the balmy weather is only in the forecast for 2-3 days.
The whole neighborhood seems to be outside today. We saw a neighborhood girl shooting hoops in her shorts, a young boy flying a kite, a man cleaning his grill (that would be me if there was not a roast in the crock pot) and people just sitting in their driveway with friends soaking up the sunshine. I even talked to the neighbor who's still in the Christmas spirit (skip down a few posts if you missed my thoughts on his yard). It went something like this...
Me: It's a beautiful day today!
Him: We deserve it.
Me: I know, we've been patient. Speaking of patience, I'm running out of patience concerning all the Christmas junk still in your front yard.
O.k. I didn't say that last sentence...but I was thinking it.
Here's a look at Aidan on his bicycle.
This video was taken with my phone...not the best quality.
1 comment:
Nice wheels Aidan!
Post a Comment